A collection of technical information
and hints on computer and general electronics subjects. I may include some comments
on theory, but will try not to include any mathematics. The discussion will be
mostly practical. If you want the details on how something works, please find
a text book or someone else's web page. Please e-mail me at
if you find an
error, have a question,want to contribute, or suggest a topic.
I am question driven. If you find
that the page you want is under construction, or incomplete, then
Even if the subject isn't
Select A Topic:
- About - (Section Divider)
- How To - (Section Divider)
- Make Network Cables - Cat. 5 UTP for Ethernet and ISDN. Also applicable to other cables using "RJ" modular connectors and flat cable. For example, telephones and some serial ports. Coaxial and AUI are not covered in this section.
- Printer Friendly Web Pages - Calculate page size and what elements to leave out.
- HTML Forms and CGI E-Mailer - Have a form on your web site, with the input e-mailed to you.
- Design A Small Network - 2 computers to a dozen or more. Organize the physical connections, what equipment you'll need, and setup.
- Send DC Power Over Signal Lines - How to put a DC current on the same wires as an AC signal, without them interfering with each other.
- HCS Host - A Windows (Win32) Host program for Home Control System (HCS). Compatable with HCSs running XPRESS version 4.01.
- Date-Time DLL
- HTML - Web page creation. (I could have used the word design, but that implies the artistic side.)
- young excitable person who may mature
into a Nerd or Geek
- a clever programmer
- technically bright but socially inept person
- A point equidistant from all points
on the surface of a sphere.
- In some field sports, the player who
holds the middle position on the field, court,
or forward line.